Underwater LED lights

Can you let me know the results if you try it out? I was thinking of using the lights you drop behind your boat in the water at night for Stripers but haven't found anyone yet who could confirm that they work for that kind of fish. Good luck!

Very cool. I'm going to check these out too. ;)

If I get the new 235, I will also be considering installing these type of lights.

That looks sweeeeeeet, I see they have the green, perhaps for bringing up bait fish....If I read correctly they have a flush mount, so we could use them. I realy like this, did I mention that I really like this.:D

I am going to give someone a "Million" dollar idea.....

Make a bilge thru hull plug out of one of these lights. Just unscrew the light to drain your bilge....you already have the thru hull and you'll just have to figure out safe wiring.

Good Luck and send me two pro bono to sample.:D

Molar

These light would be good for finding the boat if you are scuba diving at night if you don't wander too far from the boat. Light bends different in water.
In shallow water, they could aid in night time photography too!

I didn't see any prices? I'll have to do a websearch.

Wow! Proud of them for sure. I still like them though. ;)

okay I will say it )(*(*^&$%^$&%*&Y Wow they are expensive:D

How about $119.00 for a under water swim platform light that works great on by boat from Flounder Pounder Marine out of Cape Canaveral Fl.Check out there web site: http://www.fpmarine.com

I am suspecting you are talking about the ones lower down on this page http://www.fpmarine.com/lighting.htm which is a great workaround, but I would much prefer it be a LED light so battery draw would be much lower.

Hey John (Astrodiver) what do you think about using this housing and retro-fitting it with some of those super bright LED bulbs you turned me onto in the past?

Guys, I say we design, make and maybe market our own creation here, and leave the $800.00 plus units to the guys who own the multi-million dollar war wagons ;)

Those would mount easily in the bilge plug transom cut out. Just run the wire up the back with the transducer.

I'll buy one of the 12 watt lights maybe two.

do you think the green ones would work like the green bait lights??, useing green or white through the bilge plug...I know would work great for night diving, and locating your boat, without coming to the surface first.

I have been thinking of making my own for some time now. Looks like a good winter project. I want to make mine with color changeing led's so i can change up the color.

I wonder if the ground effects tube led lights would work. I think most of those are water proof.

If I get started I will be sure to make a HOW TO>

HTR

Well I got to thinking (which always is a bad idea) and I think I have come up with a way to make my own. I just ordered two 3 color 3watt led's. (just like what they use in the billboards). the led's produce 3 colors blue,green,red. I will hook them up to 3 "dimmers" so I can adjust the brightness of each color to produce any color I want. I am useing just 1 3 watt led on each side because one 3 watt led is brighter than 100 regular leds. they cost about $19 each for the multi color RGB led.Digi-Key - 754-1331-5-ND (Kingbright Corp - AAD1-9090BRGC-01/3-S)

Now the hard part of a waterproof enclosure. I think no matter what i do the water will always find its way in and even if just a small amount gets in it will corrode what ever is in there. My way around it is to fill the enclosure with extra virgin olive oil because it is not corrosive and will not conduct electricty. The oil will also aid in keeping the led cool because large led's like this create a fair amount of heat. The oil should equalize the pressure and keep the water out. even if a few drops of water gets in the oil should still keep the water from effecting anything.

The led's are just under a inch accross so i will use 1 inch pvc to house it. I figure the enclosure shouldn't be more than 2 inches long.

Well this is what i'll be doing this weekend and working out the kinks.

I'll keep you posted
HTR

I plan on running a wire for it and not doing a threw hull option because I don't want any more holes below the water line.

Back