Water Seperators

CRIMAR30

Participating Member
City
Hamlet
Which Yamaha filter unit does anyone use on a Yamaha 60 4s? Does anyone use a Racor unit, and if so, which model.with sight glass (either unit) or not?

I don't have a Yamaha, I have a Mercury, so if you're looking only for Yammi info, please ignore the following.

I use a Racor 10 Micron filter with the sight glass bowl. I just installed it in the fuel line between the fuel tank and the primer bulb...works great for me. I hope this helps.

On my 2004 170 bass with a 60hp 4s Yamaha I installed a Yamaha Marine fuel/water separator filter assembly that has an aluminum mounting head and a high performance 90 GPH / 10 micron filter which does not have a sight bowl. I purchased this unit from a Yamaha dealer and also purchased a spare filter.
davekfl ( Sarasota, Florida )

I have a Racor Filter. I really like the ability of looking in that clear bowl to look for contaminants or water.

Racor Model 320RRAC01 Fuel / Water Seperator that uses Filter Element: S3227. This is a KPH Model with a three port head with 1/4" NOT tapered pipe threads anodized base plating and white powder paint coating. It has a Clear contaminant collection bowl with a drain valve and uses a ten micron Aqua bloc media filter element.

Spin-ON Element, 10 Micron/320 (Bowl NOT included) West Marine Number 507525, Manufacturer Part Number S3227, Cost was $22.99 plus $1.61 tax for a total of $24.60 on 9/13/2006 Manufacturers suggested price = $25.40

I say that the odds on favorite is the Racor who makes them for most OEM's ;) I would though make sure you use a OEM filter for CYA while the engine is under warranty.

Cincinnati though got some grief back when he had a Non-Honda filter on his engine and it dumped it guts and pluged up some injectors on his engine. He got "very" lucky though (not a gamble I would personally take) and the filter vendor covered all the very expensive repairs :D

CRIMAR30,
I had a 2004 60HP Yamaha 4 stroke. I used a 10 micron universal filter sold by my dealer and Boater's World carries them also. I forget the brand name. The 60 HP does not need a high fuel flow filter, but I did get the stainless steel bracket for it. The regular one rusted or corroded after a year with it mounted in the port side rear seat of my 170CC. Any good brand of filter should work.I think the key is being at least 10 Micron for good filtration of water and sediment. I changed my filter every six months.
John D.

Water Seperator

I just ordered the Racor, same one that OsprayVic has I believe, it's the same one I had on my larger boat that I sold. Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Back