Yamaha FS Maintenance

trasbeck

Registered Member
For those using Yamaha four stroke engines ( I have a 115 hp), what are you doing for long term maintenance? I bought mine used with two seasons of use and have put two more summers on it. Other than oil changes in engine and lower unit there has been nothing done to it while I've owned it. Do the valves need any adjustment? Timing belt replaced? Or what? I would rather get any work done now before winter storage. Does anyone have a photo of a water separator installed on one of these? Or is it necessary?

I should say that this runs perfectly and gives me no trouble. I just want to keep it that way.

Thanks,
Tom

Tom the answer is yes

to all your questions, the motor has periodic maintenance and or adjustmens/replacements that should be done to insure peak preformance and dependability.

Maintenance intervals are like 10 hours (Break in) 50 hours, 100 hours, 200 hours ,every six months and yearly.

You'd need to know how many hours are on the engine and I'd suggest getting an owners manual for your motor from the dealer.

The O.M. will have the schedule of maintenance in it.

4 stroke maintainence

I would reccommend Yamaha Ring Free every two full tanks(read instructions on bottle), also flush with salt terminator everytime or every other time when running in salt water.
Salt Terminator is also excellent when cleanning your fishing rods and lures.

Back