Wire Sharing?

BeeReel

Contributing Member
City
Brockton
I have a Garmin GPS/Finder 545, Raymarine S1000 Autopilot and my new Standard GX2150 radio. Not sure who to call.

Here's the question: the Garmin is able to handle 2 NMEA devices (2 data IN and 2 data OUTS). I have the GX2150 which has needs of 3 feeds (position, DSC, AIS) to the Garmin but I am one short. The Raymarine auotpilot already uses the NEMA 2 IN but this is also the one called for by the radio GX2150 AIS....can I share the connection?

Thoughts?

BR, I have a Garmin GPSMAP 546s, and from what I can tell, I doubt that you can share the NMEA 0183 ports. Each of the two ports has to be configured to the device that's connected to that port, so I would think that port sharing would be out. Only way I know for sure to find out is to go to the support page at Garmin and fire off an email. When I first installed mine, I had some questions on the DSC interface with my ICOM radio, and they got back to me with help within a day or two.

ROFL......Nice title BR. With a quick glance I thought it said "Wife Sharing"..... can't help ya on the ----wire----issue.

Back