Yamaha 115hp 2002 Trim/Tilt Fluid Cap

Gearyg

Participating Member
City
Huntington Beach
The inlet where I fill the fluid for my Yamaha 115hp, 2002, the threads are stripped on the nipple/filler inlet (male side). The threads inside the cap (female side) are fine.

Does anyone know how to fix this...the threads on the nipple are plastic as is the inside of the cap. Can they be replaced/repaired? Is there an alternative to a cap where I can plug the filler inlet with a Plug of some type instead? Any input on this would be great...thanks.

Not much one can really do with striped threads on something made with plastic other then wrap what threads you have left with some pipe thread sealing tape to help rebuild them. Afterwords just be careful putting the cap back on until you can replace the fluid tank.

Gearyg, putershark nailed it, but if you want for advise, please feel free to call ehre at the shop. Thanks and have a great day.

I ended up packing on the teflon tape, jammed as much fluid as I could into the resivor and then capped it. It still felt stripped, but I did get some tension on it then I put a bunch of Rule around it to keep it in place and water out...hope I don't have to take it off anytime soon, but that replacement resivor is about $160! ouch!

Thanks for the advise.

Back