been busy fishing

BigBird

Participating Member
City
CHARLOTTE
I havent posted much and my boat projects are all behind but i have been fishing lately.
I joined two cat fish clubs to give me a reason to go fishing regularly.
I joined the Pee Dee River Catmasters in SC near my parents home town and go down and fish their tournaments so I can see my folks, as well.
I also joined the Carolina Catfish Club out of the Charlotte area.
I havent placed in the PD Catmasters tourneys results yet but have finished second in my first tourney with the CCC and won the second tourney on Saturday. My partner and I are leading the series points currently. Winning tourney news-Welcome to the Carolina Catfish Club

I have been learning alot as I am fairly new to reservoir fishing and drift fishing. Drifting is king around here! There were very few fish caught anchored on saturday and all the big fish were caught drifting the channels.

Anybody in the Carolinas area that is interested in either club or doing some cattin give me a shout.
Oh yeah the 190 is a heck of a cattin machine. The only suggestion for making it a great cat machine is having a tourney catchwell. I am working on a couple of ideas and I will let you know how that goes.
Later,
Lindsay

Good to hear other TBON'rs use their boat for fishing, love to see some pic's. Stay with it. I wish the clubs on the W. coast were more active like what you have. While drifting, are you allowed to chum?I do alot of chumming for White Seabass on this coast.Even for the Halibut. I grind it up, freeze it in a paper milk carton with a rock for weight, tear off the top and drop in an area with GPS marks and work the area for 1 or 2 hours.Killer in tournements. If allowed Good Luck with your club
profile.gif

click link

Thanks Nefarious-just click the link for pictures. For interesting catch that is not mine look at bottom of page.

Now thats some nice cats Lindsay. Good luck in the series. By the way of all the fish in the gulf and surrounding waters here, my wife's favorite fish is still catfish. Oh well she is from Alabama. Good fishing ...James

Congrats on the BIG BLUES! Looks like that drifting has paid off for you. Badin will be the same for you if you can stay on the bait. By that time they will be stacked up at the RXR Bridge and Dam....... ;)

River fishing

Actually I didnt do well saturday in a different club tourney. We got blanked-the river dropped 2 feet while fishing. In retrospect we should have drifted as the fish were caught in the middle of the river. Big fish was only 10lbs and a three fish string was 21lbs.
Badin lake tourney is this saturday and the CCC final 2008 tourney. We hope to win the series points.
The 190 makes a great tourney boat. However I need to figure out how to retro fit me a tournament catchwell. I have a few ideas I am stewing over. I emailed Triumph and asked them to consider an affordable tourney model that could be used for catfish/striper/redfish that has a luvewell and large catchwell.
Later,
Lindsay

Well if you want to sacrafice your front deck space you could get a large fert-sprayer holding tank and cut in half (top to bottom). I have seen these made for live tanks. There are some OVAL bait tanks that will fit in the space between the front livewell and battery storage compartment. I will be getting me one here in the near future. This will allow you to attach a garden hose to your livewell intake and fill both tanks. Cats only need enough water to cover there faces unless it is extremely cold outside. I had one of these tanks but improper fastening in the bed of the truck caused it to go airborn and bye bye :confused:........... I will be at Badin this weekend looking for those Stripers ;).... Good Luck with the Blues and I may try to locate some large arches for you while there. I could then give you a call and tell you to come take a look at the 07 Bay ;).....

Back