Boat Lift

recycle

Participating Member
City
Oak Island
I am thinking about putting in a lift for my 04 210. I have heard different reports about the requirements. Do I really have to add extra bunks?

I have asked my dealer and he seems hesitant to say.

thanks
Recycle

I just installed 6 bunks on an AlumaHoist Lift. Made them match height and spacing of trailer. Materials ran about $600 for lots of good SS fittings, nylon washers and Aluminum brackets. First attemp with SS lag bolts to hold treated wood failed. Shifted to SS Carrage bolts and all went well. Be sure to double carpet over the Carrage bolts to prevent wear.

To get the right angle (same as deadrise of hull) I had to bolt brackets together in ONE hole > then set correct angle and insert 2 SS self tapping screws each pair of brackets. Pilot holes helped.

If you have a very good welder and access to a spare trailer - you could just canabalize the trailer and attach. Be sure your slip has sufficient depth as the bunked beams will be higher than the stock bunks on a lift.

My lift company wanted $3500 to build it. DIY with some buddies with good balance for losts less.

ps
do not drop power tools in water - and have a few extra nuts and bolts handy.

We'd love to see some pictures of your final product Searover if you have them. :cool:

snapshots

We'd love to see some pictures of your final product Searover if you have them. :cool:

Here they are.

Will trim any excess board length and fully carpet soon (used 14' X 6" treated)

Attachments

• Tri215C1.JPG
    Tri215C1.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Tri215C2.JPG
    Tri215C2.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Tri215C3.JPG
    Tri215C3.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Tri215C4.JPG
    Tri215C4.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Tri215C5.JPG
    Tri215C5.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 78
Boar Lifts

I had modified my lift about 2 years ago duplicating the trailer set up. For the outermost boards I have used two 2 x 12 pressure treat boards with a 2 x 4 fasten to the top edge forming a Tee. The best way to get the angles is to make a plywood template of the trailer supports and use the template as a guide to space and align the 6 stringers on the lift. I have found that the 210 on the lift with a Covers, Inc cover works great for the full boating season.

lift fit

To get the exact angle / fit - I just left the bolts loose and floated the boat onto the boards. Lifted the boat slightly and marked the brackets. Removed boat - reset brackets; tightened bolts and inserted self tapping screws to lock it in.

I use the boat year round in South Florida.

Back