C80

BarrNone

Contributing Member
Premium Member
City
Newark
Took my boat out for the first time today and my speed disappeared. How do I get it back? Haven't done an update since beginning of last season and haven't changed any of my settings. Need it for trolling. Can't find anything in the menu.

Not enough information..............what's changed....rpms.....did you change props.....barnacles.....water in the hull......did you gain weight........what is different :confused:

The only thing different is that it's 5 months later. Everything is the same as the last trip on it before Christmas.

Are you running Ethanol fuel? Could be phase separated.

How would ethanol fuel change the settings on my fishfinder?

Have you checked to see if there is a software update from Ray Marine? That might be a good place to start. Also, if there is a setting for power in the software setup and it is currently on "Automatic" try setting it to "High" power to see if that makes a difference. Also make sure the batteries are in good shape. I have read that some of the RM units are sensitive to "voltage fluctuations."

Might try disconnecting and cleaning all electrical contacts on any and all cables to the unit....power supply cable, sensor input cable, GPS antenna cable, etc. Might be some corrosion setting in.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you meant your boat's speed disappeared, as in the engine slowed down and you can't reach max speed......disregard everything I said above......... :eek:

So, now that my brain fog has disappeared.......back to the speed topic. Are you using a paddlewheel sensor or the GPS SOG? Maybe try a factory reset. Check the speed offset settings. If using the paddlewheel, could be it has failed and will need to be replaced. If using SOG, are you receiving all other GPS coordinates?

Paddle wheel is on my transducer. Wasn't sure about doing a reset.

Ethanol is not the problem. The speed "icon" has disappeared from my C80 screen. Has nothing to do with the fuel. The batteries were fully charged. I'm going to try the reset. I guess that I'll have to redo the update after the reset.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you meant your boat's speed disappeared, as in the engine slowed down and you can't reach max speed......disregard everything I said above......... :eek:

I thought the same.... wasn't sure what was being talked about. Wassa C80? andihavehadthreecupsofjoethismorningsoitcan'tbebrainfog.... :D

It's a Raymarine chartplotter..........

Reset and the speed icon did not return. Totally scratching my head with this one.

My Lowrance GPS has a setting in the display menu for what data to display on the main screen such as speed, time, heading, coordinates, etc. Maybe your settings got zeroed out over the winter.

Last edited:
Can't find the speed setting anywhere in the menu.

Miraculously the speed came back. Hopefully it stays.

Back