Catalina island

Nefarious

Participating Member
City
Hacienda Heights
Continuing Woes
Oh how often I am reminded of how little I truly know. Got tanked with squid from Brian at LBC receiver (Thanks) Always feels good to have it before going to the island. Knew the word was "Go West" ,but the water temps and conditions looked good ,and did'nt really want to deal with the West End crowded so we set up at the East end. No fish at Orange Rocks, Third Vee or Church Rock . Quite frustrated we ran around front,went to a small kelp at a SECRET SPOT to catch a few callies, Jeff wings a Tady out an I tell him he's followed by a Barrie. As we look, a large school of WSB slide under th boat, I drop down a squid on 20 and I'm on. 2 and 1/2 laps of the boat and the floro leader comes up with a clean,straight cut. ****
1041677399.gif
1041677399.gif
1041677399.gif
Idle out a little and my friend Hardcore (Dan Schuetz) hooks up . He soon dumps that fish
1041677399.gif
, we keep trying and Hardcore hooks up again, gets it to the boat on 20#, comes to the boat and I gaff it. Weighted 25.4
cool.gif
Nicely done Hardcore. No more bites after that. Sure was nice but unexpected to find this school swimming around on the surface on the frontside where we did since its a place to pull up and have lunch, but really lucky
cool.gif

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 166KB.

Nice fish Nefarious. Sounds like a good day on the water. :)

SuhWeet looking WSB.....Congrats......Barry on the Bite Me

Back