San Clemente island-65 miles offshore

Nefarious

Participating Member
City
Hacienda Heights
But lessons relearned
Going to SCI was detoured to Catalina due to more wind and chop than expected, once the light was up and nothing going at the Vees, We ran to SCI, got there about 7:15 am. Saw the fleet, BG 90, Pac Quest,Sea Horse and others. My first drop is bit by the right kind,lost it at the boat almost at gaff.Hope this isn't how the day will go.Chris hooks up soon thereafter, the fish kicks his butt. I chase it down alittle to help, finally comes to gaff, a nice 19 # yellow
evilimu.gif
Good deal Chris
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 149KB.
Reset the boat and I'm bit again, but in the rush I did'nt check my line and the hook parts from the line. Lesson Remembered> Re rig and soon I'm on again. This fish works me on the 30 outfit but in the end buddy Theedanimal sticks it for me
Largest of the day for us 32#[URL="http://www.socaloffshore.com/file/smile/emo/smiley-cool05.gif"][/URL] I ended up 2 for 6 hookups with more lessons , my last fish of he day was 26#s
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 153KB.ks
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 119KB.
Theedanimal also got taught a lesson by the Yellows, but both Him and Chris also got a Hallie each, 17#s and 20#s, So a great day all considered. Navy kicked everyone out at 12:30 as scheduled.Group Photo
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 311KB.

Fantastic Fishin!!!

Once again!

That is Awesome!!!!!!!!!! Why did the Navy kick everyone out?

chuckle

Yeah, I guess that qualifies as a real good reason.:eek:

Great fishing, great fish story, and awesome pics of it all! Can't help but envy the boat as wel...

Sorry for the late reply but wow, nice catch. nothing like spring yellows.

Back