Catalina island yellows

Nefarious

Participating Member
City
Hacienda Heights
And I am talkin a crowd. Jason G and I arrived at the area about 4:30am after getting tanked by Paul on the LB Carnage,Thanks. in the wind and weather on the backside of the island. That was interesting. Picked a gap in the more east area and set anchor. As the light starts to come up a boat or two around us hook up and get a WSB or Yellow , but nuthin for us. Hear a splash off our stern, expecting to see thr furball, instead a 5 second foamer of Yellows erupts right behind us. As they sink out my bow rod goes bendo and I am on.Get it in hand and my stern rod is fully bent in the holder. I tall Jason to grab it. Hes not to used to small boat fishin,rod is on the east side of the boat, fish is haulin *** west and Jason is pinned unable the extracate the rod from the holder.L
lol.gif
LWe,ve all seen it and its still funny.Hand him the rod I'm on and get the other out of thre holder, around the motor, we're all clear. Gaff my fish, clear the decks for Jason as he continues with the fish he's on.Comes to the rail and over on the gaff.Now we're feelin better
High_Five_emoticon.gif
As we reset the the rigs I show Jason how to better rig his up, he sends it to the bottom. As the rod goes in the holder it goes bendo and for just a second he stands there looking at it like its stuck on the bottom, then notices the 40# line burnin off the ol' Penn 505 an his one comes out of the holder for him. After the bite disappeared we moved in for a bunch of Calicos, mostly released, went back out to the area to try some more. No love for us, but others hung a few. All-n-all a reel gud trip
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 169KB.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 160KB.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 189KB.

Nice work, they pull like freight trains and fight dirty too, well done!

Good Job.

You're in my old stomping grounds. I was a pinhead on "Freelance" out of DL in Newport for 4 years back in the mid/late 80's.

I miss chucking irons off the rocks at Seals for big cudas. Other than that, Don the owner was a slave driver. I couldnt wait to get away from that boat...haha.

Good Job.

You're in my old stomping grounds. I was a pinhead on "Freelance" out of DL in Newport for 4 years back in the mid/late 80's.

I miss chucking irons off the rocks at Seals for big cudas. Other than that, Don the owner was a slave driver. I couldnt wait to get away from that boat...haha.

Blood Brothers from a distance, I was a pinhead deckie on the Sport King out of Redondo 38 years ago

Small world. I also miss showing the hot chicks how to jig for chucklehead and undoing their bird nests....lol

Oh to be a teenager again. :)

Back