At it again in Long Beach Ca,

Nefarious

Participating Member
City
Hacienda Heights
Tuning up for the ATIHC ( West Coast Bloody Decks tournement)
Headed out With Jeff, Steve for a shot at the "Butts". First off , want to say Happy Birthday to Karen P and Thanks for keeping Al busy.Beautiful weather, light winds, Water temp of 60 to 62 , clean green, got HOT Dines from Nacho and started, at 9am 2 rods go bent within seconds of each other, somehow Jeff and Steve beat me to them,I gaff a 33 " for Jeff nd a 30" for Steve. Nice start
wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 191KB.
100_0790.jpg

Around 10:15my new stick just wrapped by "Kenny", thanks a bunch, goes off again, yeah Steve beat me to the first fish on the new stick cause I was clearing gear for Jeff. Back to the fish,Steve Gaffs my only fish of the day, 36incher,20+ lbs.Thanks Steve
wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 223KB.
100_0794.jpg

Between 11:30am and 12:45pm they went on a little bite,First Jeff with a 22 1/2 " fish that was put in the live well and later released. Then Steve put a 26" fish in the box which he then followed with a 34 incher Jeff is back on a fish, its a 24 inch taco filler We decided to roll up at 2Pm because the wind was picking up but Jeff hooks up at 1:59:11, I was looking at the GPS display and I gaff the 31 incher to finish the day
wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 191KB.
100_0796.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 156KB.
100_0799.jpg

Steve with his 26 and 34 inchers
wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 176KB.
100_0801.jpg

Jeff with his 31 incher
wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024 and weights 149KB.
100_0802.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 251KB.
100_0803.jpg

Thats a killbox,,and all the FEESCH with the Crew
Totals were 8 legals,1 released,1 each 36" 34" 33" 31", 30",26", 24"

Man those are some beautiful fish. :)

Preeeety Feeeesch

Wow thems nice. and the buts are basically done up here. I'm gonna start for stiper tomorrow. Go Nefarious.

Man we saw you out there and we should have followed your lead!!!!

Nicely done, AGAIN!

Take it easy.

Yep ,I saw you too. Tried to call you, no answer. Next time stop by,we had two in the boat already, I'll show you my setups, give you a couple of leaders. they really wanted to go Saturday, my buddy got 3 including a personal best 38 ", 23# fish on the same rigs, his boat.Went out today, figured out too late that they moved shallow, full moon, only got a 25' and lost a pig to the big headshakes. Working on a variation for the tournement in San Diego on the 29th, Got to fish IFGA rules, small changes.Will be out next Saturday for the very reason, Good Luck
100_0809.jpg

Well I will be out there this Saturday and I will be looking for you! I'll stop by for sure.

Thanks!

Beautiful fish. My wife and I are new to fishing Long Beach. We have been fishing Newport and down the coast gettting some Butts at Seal Rock. We were to go to Long Beach this weeek but we both got the flu and are stuck home for a few days. Would like to meet up with you some time. We noted last time we went out in Long beach there are 3 Bait barges. Seems like you have a favorite. Which one do you suggest. We have also toyed with the idea of hooping for lobster in Long beach. Again what a great day on the water. regards, J.L. Lagestee

Back