cost to install a gps

bobbymac

Registered Member
hello i just bought a lowrance gps /fishfinder combo my marina wants 210 to install does this sound correct (new to boating world) said it would be 3 hours labor thanks

I did my lowrance gps myself on my 210cc......alot cheaper than 210 and it did not take any where near three hours

thats what i thought i got in on sale at west marine for 800 but had no idea how to install it but i did think 3 hours labor was far fetched

Yeh, 3 hours for experience is way high....I did not know What I was doing, and I think it took only hour. Now as for the fish finder....running the sender wire...was a bit of a pain...but still 2 hour tops...not knowing what I was doing.

yep do it yourself very simple. Do a little research and save your . money jmo, Taylor

3 hours labor? That includes lunch, and a half dozen coffee and smoke breaks right?
Do try and install it yourself.
The ONLY time consuming part was feeding the wire to the console. That's because the Lowrance connectors are a little large, and the connectors kept getting hung up when I was trying to feed it thru. Then I reorganize all my wires below, to make for a nice install, and to clean it up a bit.
Even with all of that done, it might have been maybe 2 hours at the MOST to complete.

3 hours ?

Just follow the directions that come with the fishfinder pull the floor behind the bait tank this will give you all the acess you will need to run wiring where the washdown pickup comes up through the bottom of the console(portside) use a fishtape if you have one, while you have the floor up check pickup lines and drain hose clamps it took me 2 hours and you will also know more about what is under that rear access panel use the money you save on the install to take your boat out on the water good luck

dont forget where the long screws go!!

if you pull the rear deck cover,make sure you remember to replace the long screws on the OUTSIDE holes. short screws go inside so you dont puncture to gas tank which runs under live well/helm chairs.
GGC

johnson 4 stroke ?

IL-LOGIC-AL GGC said:
if you pull the rear deck cover,make sure you remember to replace the long screws on the OUTSIDE holes. short screws go inside so you dont puncture to gas tank which runs under live well/helm chairs.
GGC
Hey, how do you like that 140 ?I love my mine It does really good on gas top speed is about 36 mph with a light load very dependable 2004 210cc love my boat, westcoast coast owner!

jman

the 140 is a great little engine. i had the 115 yami on the 186 and at the time i bought the 210 it didnt have an engine on it but was rigged for johnson controls so the 140 was the only 4 stroke option availible so i took it.with the exception of the trim sensing module going out ,it has been perfect. little sluggish out of the hole with large pitch props, but with the nasty shallow open water we have here , the smaller dis. pitch props do a good job of powering thru the rough chop.
GGC

Back