Fuel problem?

johnspalthoff

Registered Member
City
Jackson
New to the site and new to boating! I purchased from my in-laws a 2003 190DC. I am having issues with the fuel/engine in that everyone says I must have some bad fuel. I am going to yank it out of the water and see what I can do. Here is my question...is there a fuel filter between the tank and the engine on this model and if so, where is it? Any help would be great!

While changing filters is the first prudent move, it's more likely that any fuel problems are related to ethanol and subsequently, "phase separation" and or water in the fuel. Start at the fuel tank and work you way to the engine and change any an all filters. But don't put the new ones on until your sure the fuel in the tank is not contaminated. Ethanol fuel that has phase separated will carry the water & contaminated fuel straight thru the new filters and into the engine where it can cause severe damage. Make sure to drain all engine fuel lines and change any onboard engine fuel filters as well. If it were me I would just empty the tank and start fresh with NON Ethanol fuel and new filters. :)

Back