Great Day on Pacific

Codfish

Contributing Member
Premium Member
City
Payette
Here is a picture of two nice Chinook salmon my wife and I caught yesterday out of the small Oregon port of Winchester Bay, at the Umpqua River. Had to go out to 400' depth (about 9 miles) to find them. Fished at 150' deep. The large one is 34 lbs and the smaller one is 26. All in all a great day, first calm wind day in over a month. Whew.

Attachments

• chinooks.jpg
    chinooks.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 52
Dave - great to hear and see. Looks like the wind will let me get out for some albies this Sunday so I'll give it a try and report....

Can't wait to hear how you do Barry. Our tuna trips have not materialized due to the weather. I hope you get out.

Dave

Nice lookin salmon ....It looks like you have down riggers on your boat?? is that how you were ably to get them??
I was out Yesterday, water was pretty flat, and the weather was awesome..to bad I could not stay out more than 4 hours, Or I would of been chasing the yellow fin.

Hi Genelie,

Yep, have Cannon Uni-trol HPs, mounted amidships. They work great to get down to the deep chinook.

Dave, et al: Had to go 40 nms out from the Santa Cruz harbor Sunday, on a not nice ocean, but the 210 was up for it (sure glad I had the T-top enclosure). A friend and I hooked 9 and landed 7 albacore - 12-18 lbs. Photo enclosed, safely back on land......Barry

Attachments

• B+Albies.jpg
    B+Albies.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 18
Way to go Barry. I am going this weekend if the weather will allow. I hope, but do not expect to see any albies. Halibut and salmon are good possibilities though. Will post any successes.

Codfish

Back