Recognized Leader and K9 Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Punta Gorda
State
Florida
Hello all

I finally got to get out and fish. To bad it did not go so well...I still enjoyed the trip.
I towed down to Rockville the afternoon before. I had a nice little evening with the wife before we fished.
The fishing cost me. One planer board gone, 3 jigs (one large two small) gone. I had to jump my boat twice to start it. Today had to buy two new starting batteries both of the others were bad. would not take a charge and only had 8 volts output. I understand also that my timing go fish for stripers was poor. I understand there was a large hatching of shad in the lake and the fish had been eating quite a lot and hence were not biting that well.
I also need to wait till school is back in session. The sport boater, and jet skis were driving me nuts. several of them cam within 15 feet of my planning boards. there was no where I could get away from them.

I still enjoyed being on the water even though this pic is my entire catch. One similar one got away and took my jig with it.

Attachments

• stripedbass fish.jpg
    stripedbass fish.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 13
Sorry it wasn't a great day Dick, but you'll probably do better like you said when there is less traffic on the lake. BTW I'm working on a video on Planer Board Fishing for Striped Bass. I'll let you know when it is done this fall. We shot two days with NC Jordan Lake striper guide, Troy Roberson, of Striper-Sniper Charters. :)

Dick my brother...
I thought that Vic and I had converted you over to the "Church of AGM batteries" by now ? :p Now I want you to go say 50 Hail AGM's and you must abstain from any partaking of high carb foods (like pizza :eek:) for 30 days till you have flushed yourself of all your Wet Cell sins! Ha-Ha... :D

Thanks Dave, just wish I would have thought of that post.

Church of AGM??? The only way to go with batteries, especially on a boat. Many good manufacturers. Just do your homework and pick the best for you.

Just love those AGM's in the bottom of my Center Console.

Hey dick
I am still using the 2 agm batteries that powered the trolling motor on my 01 186 bay. one now is the start battery/can be on when engine running stuff and the other runs everything else. expensive ---yes but they should have many more years of life still left in them

Back