Genelie

Recognized Leader and Retriver Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Lakeside
State
Ca
Just wanted to let everyone know, That F.E. Trailers is great. They installed disc brakes on my trailer 2 years ago, I guess my calipers froze, ( that would explain the no pads left
eek.gif
) KEN took a look, and informed me they were under warrenty!!! WHOOO HOOO. I guess the Kodiak disc brakes comes with a 3 year warrenty...cooooool. What I did not expect was the new bolts they installed on the axles, and the new bearing buddie covers. It seems like a small thing, but to me, thats just plain great service. Heres to F.E. Trailers.....
hali_1b.gif
beerchug.gif

Nice to hear folks treating folks right these days.

I can't help noticing, do most trailer brakes have constant problems?

Heard the stainless discs are finally using mostly stainless hardware and getting better, is that right?

As long as you use the trailer for salt water applications, there will always be a risk of damage. EVEN all stainless steel rotors, will eventually have issues according to ken the shop manager. Thats why he did not push the $ 600.00 per rotor at me. Its the nature of the beast. what makes disc better than drum, is the easy access to clean, where as drums is kind of hard, due to they are in cased in a housing. But I did know someone who made a water system that he dilled and tap or what ever, and was able to clean the drums.

Back