New 1700 cc Skiff owner

rdecker

Registered Member
City
Yorktown
My wife and I bought a 2011 Skiff with a Yamaha F70LA this week from Jett's Marine in Reedville, VA. It was a very positive buying experience thanks to Bubba.

We are looking forward to getting it out on the York River and Chesapeake this weekend. We have been primarily sailors so this power boating is all new to us.

The visitor's forum on this newsgroup had much to do with our decision to buy a Triumph and to check out Jett's Marine. Thank you all.

- Rich

Hi Rich, congratulations on your new boat! I crawled all over the 1700 Skiff at the boat show when it came out, and I love how open it is and how solid it feels. Looks like it would be a hoot to run. Let us know how you like it!

Welcome aboard!

As a new power boater, this site can be very useful for any questions you might have.

Congratulations on the skiff and welcome aboard! :cool:

Thank you all. Spent pretty much the entire day on the Skiff today on the bay and up the York River beyond the Coleman bridge. Did a little fishing as well. Both fore deck and rear deck work very well for fly casting. Only caught one fish on a fly and a few more on a gulp with a jig head. My wife also caught a few. My wife and I are very happy with the boat. We did see another Triumph in the York above the Coleman. It appeared to be a 17 cc but maybe it was a 15, I'm not sure. It was a great day!

Back