New 170cc

cj413

Registered Member
City
Richmond
Hello To All,
This Is A Great Site That Has Answered Most Of My Questions Regarding My New '06 170cc. I Do, However, Have A Couple Of Questions Involving Maintnance And The Bimini Top. Since I Purchased The Triumph In May I Have Had Several Of The Bimini Screws Back Themselves Out Never To Be Seen Again. Does Anyone Know The Size Of A Replacement Screw. Secondly I Would Like To Know What Type Of Preventative Maintnance Needs To Be Done In Reference To The Yamaha 7ohp 2 Stroke, As Well As The Boat And Trailer. I Have The Oil Filled Bearing Caps On The Hubs Of The Trailer. I Know The Manual Gives A Lot Of Info But I'm Just Curious As To What Absolutely Needs To Be Done. Thanks For The Help And For Having Such A Great Site!!!!

CJ413, welcome. Glad you joined us.

For the bimini top question, I would suggest contacting your dealer or e-mailing one of the site sponsors, Merritt Marine.

For boat and trailer maintenance questions, I would first try the "Search" feature at the top of the page.

Not being a mechanic, for all engine questions I rely on my mechanic.

Again, welcome.

Thank you for the compliments on the site and for being a part of it cj413. Welcome aboard! ;)

Thanks for the reply. I already attempted the dealer route with the screws but they didn't know. I'll just remove another and look for a matching screw. Thanks again.

Hello

I just bought a 170 CC myself. I am new to Triumph and Ropolene but as far as canvas goes. Sunbrella requires cleaning with a very mild soap and every few years it needs to be waterproofed. I use Starbrite for my other boat but think I will be changing to 303 formular, it last longer but cost more.
Keep the oil resvoir on the trailer half full and if it discolors change it, might have water in it which is never good.
Make sure you go slow with the screws so you don't overheat the plastic. You can also seal them with Elastometiric sealant, that might help.
Good luck. O yea how fast is your boat?
Thanks
Tom

Hello Tom,
Thanks for the canvas care tips. I found the extra screws I needed at boaters world. I am simply waiting for it to warm up so I can replace the missing ones. My boat with just me in it gets up to about 40mph on a calm day. With two other 200+ lb men I can get up to about 35 or so. I'm still kinda learning how to trim the motor out for more speed. Anyway thanks again.
Chris

Back