New bow cushion

nibble

Registered Member
City
Smithfield
This little 190 Bay that I just bought a few months ago came with a fishing chair for the bow, but no bow cushion. Fortunately I only live 1 hour from Meritt Marine where they make all the cushions for the Triumphs so I ordered a bow cushion WITHOUT the stupid slit in it for the fishing bow seat. Why in the world did they put the slit in them? I get it, so you can use them with the seat. Yeah, but WHO wants to step on a bow cushion, drag bait across it, drag fish into the boat onto it, ruin it by walking on it with boat shoes on, etc etc etc ?
Secondly, who's wife wants to "sun" on it with a crack in the middle of it? Sorry, but I see NO SENSE in why they EVER put that slit in it?
So, I now have the one and only bow cushion WITHOUT the stupid slit. It's a collectors item and tho' it only cost $400.00+, it adds thousands of $$$ to the boats value due to it's rarity, right?

On a serious note, they did a FANTASTIC job , it is a perfect match, of course. Very pleased with it.

I’d love to see a picture if you have one. Sounds like a great add to the boat and one the family would appreciate. how does it attach to the boat?

I'll be installing it tomorrow and hope to remember to take pics. It is the same set up as the backrest for the seat above the live well in front of the helm. Slide the top in, snap the bottom.

Here it is, before and after install. The only "no-slit" bow cushion they ever made. Now EVERYONE will want one !!!

If you never saw the original with slit, google Triumph bow cushion 190 Bay. And again, WHY would anyone want the slit, if you're going to put the bow fishing chair on, you DON'T want the cushion up there.

Attachments

• IMG_4120.JPG
    IMG_4120.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4119.JPG
    IMG_4119.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
This is great! Thanks for posting. I’ll have to see if I can get something like this locally.
any tips on hardware, etc? I’m assuming the snaps on the boat are just screw in?
Nice work!

Correct, screw in snaps and the little plastic slide in part in the front, just under the trolling motor outlet and motor tilt rocker.
I'm sure glad I live this close to Merritt Marine where they make them and you can buy ALL THINGS Triumph.
They would make it for you but shipping might be pricey. It is an exact match to the rest of the interior that is all mint, even tho' it's a 2007. The previous owner kept it garaged.

Back