New owner 2001 210CC

steve911T

Registered Member
Premium Member
State
Md
Hi, just bought a 2001 210 CC. Definitely a cult like atmosphere owning a boat that could outlive the earth. Anyway, this is replacing a 1972 19'6" Robalo that I owned for 44 years. Needed a new motor and trailer and decided that it would not be a good investment long term. Also own 21 Key West and half owner of a 98 27.2 GW Sailfish.
Several questions. Boat has a 2 year old 115 4 stroke Yamaha and it appears to be under powered, but, it also has 70 gallons of fuel on it, 420 lbs. and probably another 30 gallons of water, 240 lbs. between the inner and outer hulls. I think also, the prop is the wrong prop and need to get the WOT speed and RPM to evaluate it. At 5100 rpm, around 25 mph. My old 4 stroke Suzuki, 140 hp 4 stroke at WOT 38 (Robalo). WOT on Key West, 150 HP Johnson 2 stroke, 44 mph. Just starting the long journey and the first thing is to pressure wash it and drain 40 gallons of fuel out of it. Next, put the drain hole in. Did that to the Robalo 20 years ago and got out 25+ gallons of water. Waiting on the CD for more expert advice. Good boating and fishing to all.

Steve
Harmony MD and Ocean Pines, MD, where the Triumph will be going.

I have the same boat with a Johnson 150 2 stroke. I typically cruise between 20-25. The fastest I’ve gotten it going is 32.

My biggest challenges are water in the hull causing a slight list to port and the electrical systems which has completely drained two batteries. The first thing I did when I got the bot was remove the two compartment covers and soaked foam from the transom area. Those compartment constantly fill with water and I found it easier to pump it out every trip.

I have two small kids (4 yo and 2 yo). The boat is great for fishing and family. Enjoy!

Welcome Steve!
I have 210 cc with Y150. Got it a couple of years ago. Believe its a 2005. cruise 20-25; Inner hull appears dry enough but aft fishboxes drain real slow. Live down at South Point, below the Assateague bridge.

steve

Steve. Boat will be coming to Ocean Pines as soon as I get the trailer fixed. Steve

Back