New voice from the left coast

I

intodux

I'm looking at the 06 195cc for salt water use. I've been reading about "Roplene" vs Glass, any comments out there from you that are in Triumph's. Thanks
DUX

DUX, welcome to this site.

We are also on the "Left Coast" of the great state of Florida.

If I may be so bold, at the top of the page are a number of Tabs. Starting from the left is: User CP, Home, Forums, and Articles. Under "Articles" you will find two items that I wrote. The first one I would suggest you read would be "Why Our Family Bought A Triumph" and then read "Additions & Modifications to our 2005 Triumph 210".

After you have read these, just go back to "Forums" and start reading. The oldest plastic boats were called "Logic", so if you read posts in that forum you are reading about the oldest boats. When "Logic" sold to Genmar, they changed the name to "Triumph", and it appears to me that Triumph has made improvements each year. Like all boat manufacturers, we wish they would make changes and improvements faster, but they all take their time.

To learn about these boats, all I can suggest is spend your time reading. There is no painless five minute answer available on any boat. Just remember that unless a post states otherwise, it is from an owner, not a dealer or the manufacturer. As owners, we tend to tell it like it is, and sometimes we are not happy.

The Triumph may not be THE perfect boat, but it is perfect for my family.

The only thing I'll add here is that the 195CC appears to be the perfect small boat for big water. I own the 190 Bay and, from what I've read, the 195CC is a good compromise if you don't want/need the 210CC. I use my 190 in the salt here in CT. We have very rocky shoreline and up to 8' tides. I don't fret about drifting over jagged structure with my motor trimmed up. The Roplene hull is great stuff and bounces off everything without cracking - something like 5X the impact resistance as compared to glass.

Thanks for the good read. Your articles read like a person driven by research and good choices. I will keep a close eye on this site, as I'm a couple of months away from a purchase. Again thanks for the help.

Dux

Thanks for the good read. Your articles read like a person driven by research and good choices. I will keep a close eye on this site, as I'm a couple of months away from a purchase. Again thanks for the help.

Dux

Dux
as an owner of 2 of the " earlier" model year's versions of these boats , i'll give
my insight. the basic hull design of current boats are in essence unchanged from the first "Logic" hulls.
however .the current models are the evolution of mods done by , suggestions made by owners and dealers and that is what sets these boats apart from all others. my '01 210 has almost every enhancement the current models have and i was able to do these myself. these are the easiest boats to work on -never a worry of having a hand look like it came out of a scredder as with glass boats. the problems associated with earlier models have been addressed by the factory in current models . the introduction of the 195 is the result of dealers and owners making the factory aware that the 191 f/s would make a heck of an midsize offshore boat with this or that change made to it.
i dare say will you find any "glass " boat owners group that contributes to the continuning improvement of a boat line nor a more likeable group of owners than the folks on this site.
lastly ,keep in mind that other webb sites are fiberglass owner(poor sobs) and fiberglass boat mfgs. driven and they can only bash what they dont know about or are scared (technology wise) of.
anyway, welcome to the group and the only regret i have is that i couldnt afford a new '06 210cc, yet when i think of what i have saved on taking an'01 and getting it as close as i have to new, and having done it myself, i get over the reget pretty quickly!!
GGC

Back