Offshore Sunday 02/11/07

T

TheBoatMan

Headed to beaufort this past weekend to take advantage of the warm water that moved in over the big rock. The offshore report was looking nice so I got everything together Sat., hooked up to my 210 and headed down. Got a late start from the ramp 7:00, I wanted to leave about 4, but thats what staying out late got me. Got to a nice temp break/ Rip ,60-74, a little after 9:00 and put some lines in the water. The rip was a little bumpy due to the north wind blowing against the northern flowing current so we trolled on to the Big Rock where we got our first Blackfin tuna. Trolled around the rock picking up blackfins then BAM three rods got hit. Each of us grabed a rod and faught our fish to the boat. I was dissapointed when I saw that the first two were Fat alberts, but perked up some when I pulled the third fish, a yellowfin tuna, in the boat. Continued picking up bonita, blackfins, and one more yellowfin, before we headed back in at 5:15. It was a beautiful ride back in with an amazing sunset. We put the 210 in the wind on the way back in and made it to the dock just after 7. Awsome day on the water in February. I hope spring tuna fishing comes early this year.
Brad

2002 Triumph 210
2004 F150 Yamaha
>150 miles burned 50 gal. fuel
Seas 2-4 wind N- NW 15- 20 but better on the way in.
8 blackfin tuna, 2 yellowfin tuna, 5 Fat Alberts

DANGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG tahs a great haul. Got some pictures???? My best ever has been 2 limits of yellowtail on one outing..and one limit of albies.on another Gosh am I ever jealous of you.

Sounds like a great day on the water and you timed the weather/opportunity to fish just right. ;)

It sure would be nice if I lived in those "Southern States" so I could do some early fishing!!! Up here in "New Jersey" the bays are all frozen and you have the people doing ice fishing. Can't wait for those good old summer days!!

Greenapple

that's a plain great day! Give a new offshore fisherman some tips on how you are fishing for these tuna? I fish out of Wilmington, mostly for Kings/dolphin...or inshore reds/etc.

that's a plain great day! Give a new offshore fisherman some tips on how you are fishing for these tuna? I fish out of Wilmington, mostly for Kings/dolphin...or inshore reds/etc.

Spend lots fo money on lures:D :D :D Really if you need some advise PM me.

Fishing Help

Hey all, just bought a 215 cc and looking to do some off shore fishing. Im from out of Bath NC, and would be glad to take some one to the big red drum holes in August. For an off shore fishing trip?

blessings to all...

ODD NICK

FIRST , WELCOME TO THE FAMILY. YOU HAVE GOT A GREAT RIDE FOR THE BODIES OF WATER YOU LIVE AND FISH ON

I Should Have My Sea Legs Back Under Me By August So I Will Put You On Some Bull Reds.
Don't Forget The Tarpon Show Up First Week In July Off The Eastern Briant Island Shoals Tower And That Is Mo Fun Than A Red Drum!!!:d

The 215 Is A Sweet Ride For That Messy Pamlico Sound

HECK-- WE MAY GET RANDY TO COME PLAY WITH US THIS YEAR!!

Berto

Tarpon

ILLOGICAL GGC,

Hey thanks for the reply and nice to meet you. We have caught quite a few of the big Reds out on the shoals, but still havent figured out how and where to hook up on the Tarpon. Any help you might send our way would greatly be appreciated..

take care

Back