Dave LeGear

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
What's left of Pine Island
State
Florida
Good video on him who for many years has been one of my all time favorites!

And some of his work is huge in size and depth of field from the huge film plates he uses to gather in so much light (aka data in modern terms)

So when you are viewing it, you can also most see the color and feel as if you are actually there! As the video denotes, his use of open space in the shot is what gives such a great effect and impact upon the viewer. Just think he is taking these shots and making the prints on 1930's technology which is just simply amazing...

And if you would like to find out more or view some of his work (his gallery in Big Cypress is great!) you can see more on this link:

And let them know, that the guys from Performance Outdoors sent you if you reach out to them, or visit one of their galleries :)

Good Shooting!
Dave

And here is my vain attempt (very vain) at making some post editing of a photo I took and converted to B&W, and worked with it some more to try and match Clyde's style of work ;)

Looks like I need to keep at it on the tonal balance aspect for sure! Seems as I try and brighten the foreground for more detail, the sky then starts to get washed out pretty quick... To me, the original looks much better in color after some editing, one of my favorite shots :)

And just when you think that the equipment you use is outdated, try using this gear...

It's the eye that frames and captures the shot, not the equipment ;)

He creates such beautiful works of Art of our State, and such a good Ambassador for us here in Florida.

God Bless Him!
And I need to take a visit to their facility again and see just how much the old (real old) Film Format compares the his more recent Digital Work :cool:

Good Shooting!
Dave

Back