Pulling Out an Anchor

S

Shrug1013

Hey Guys,

I just bought a Delta 25lbs. Fast Set anchor. My question is how to un-set it once set? Do you drive over it to un-set it? Also on the back of the anchor is a hole at the top, is this for an extra line that may be used for leverage to pull it out? Thanks guys.

Shrug1013

You Bet Unset

To unset position your self above the anchor. Removing the scope or extra line put's you vertical to the anchor. Undo the from the cleat but leave a wrap or a half, let the next swell come and remove slack during the lul..repeat until free. Just don't let that **** get ripped from your hand and dont let the kids or lady's do it. Kind of a rough a** thing. You can sustain a fairly good injury if you don't put the wrap on the bit. Let the boat do the work and everything will be fine. 25lbs is enough to throw you right out the boat! don't try to muscle it. Once it's off the bottom...pull it up and stow it.
Dave

could you use an anchor ball with a line loop and run up past the anchor and just float it up?
It is real easy to pull in line when your anchor is floating....esp if it is 100'+.

Thanks Dave,

Sounds like that will work. What about driving over it to pull it out?

my 2 cents any anchor is a pain, even my standard anchor with 21 feet of chain, once anchored, I always have to put all my effort to get up off the floor.

I would like to suggest, that when this anchor is gone, that you check out Anchor Concepts.

We purchased a Model 30 Standard HydroBubble Anchor, One SW1 Stainless Swivel, 300 ft of 3/8 inch rope, with 10 ft of stainless chain, and 1 shackle. With the boat in the garage, we keep the anchor disassembled in the anchor locker. It only takes a minute or two to put it together, and it can be set up as a breakaway if you are anchoring over any man made reefs or rocks. Judy and John Willis are the owners and their web site is http://www.anchorconcepts.com .

Also, do a search and see what others say about the HydroBubble Anchor. I can only say that the more we read, the more impressed we were.

cool thanks I will check this out.

I always make shur that mine is set where it won't fowl on anything - at the strat of my dive. then pull it op withthe anchor ball trick that Molar boater mentioned. Retrive at least half a doz anchors for other non-diveing boaters every year. Most divers I know don't buy anchors - or lead

Back