Starboard

G

greyoldchief

I'm planning on building a cutting board and several other items for my boat out of starboard.

Has anyone had tried welding starboard or using rule to join two pieces. I'm curious as to how it worked.

Thanks.

greyoldchief,
I wanted to do the same thing. I saved myself about $30 by going to Wally World (WalMart) and looking at their large supply of plastic cutting boards. They have some that are white and about 3/8" thick that I've used as a backing to hold a set of 4 rod holders. I used small screws and elastomeric to stick it to the splashwell of my 170CC. A friend of mine used one to mount his GPS to his console. He didn't want to cut holes in his fiberglass. Cost about $4-$5. Good price if you're like me "measure once, cut twice"
John D.

Hey Chief,

I've been using sheet PVC for stuff like that for years now. You can get a 4'x8'x3/4" sheet now for just under $100 bucks. A sheet goes a long way also. And you can buy regular old PVC cement (in the irrigation section of Home Depot) to mend. Just dont use the Purple primer :). Contact your local big lumber supplier. They'll have it.

If you're just going to make a cutting board, save money and time and buy a Magma Gunnel mount Cutting board.>>>

http://www.magmaproducts.com/Products/Marine_Products/Tables/T10-310_econo/T10-311_econo/t10-311_econo.html

I bought mine on ebay for $22 and LOVE it. It doesnt take any space on the boat and it drains bait/fish juice over the side. It cleans and stows easy. There are slots cut into it for holding your knife and pliers.

Worth the money.

Either way, good luck and post pics when you're done.

Back