The new plastic boat results

MolarBoater

Contributing Member
City
Mountian Brook
Well, I bought another plastic boat but this time an Extreme Malibou fishing kayak and put it in my Bay 190 and headed to Smith Lake Alabama where I have had difficulty catching anything for 7 years now. So using the Triumph as the mother ship, I was able to sneak around so undetected by fish and turtles etc. Final tally was 8 bass, 2 brim, 1 croppie and a large carp. I caught more fish in 3 days than I have in 7 years.
I had fish jumping around me, I startled turtles and saw fish come up to see what the heck I was up too! I am now hooked on another "poly" boat and so far it is a fishing machine. You can even stand up in it if needed, has 4 rod holders, 2 dry boxes, a large in hull storage area, adjustable cushioned seat and a bungee secured storage area in the rear. The owners of Dixie Kayak even put a color gps/fishfinder in one. I'll post some pics soon. It is easy to load and unload out of a Bay 190 and burns less gas!

and to think you can even take it out bill fishing...cooooollll

Some folks take these kayaks out a couple of miles....so billfishing off the West or East Coast may be possible! Heck, they have a scuba tank hold in them too!

I will be sticking with the Triumph for all offshore duties, no need to unecessarily risk my neck at my age! haha

YES Kayaks are a hot Item here in southern Cal. We usually have local yellowtail fish around the kelp...but it most seems to be the kayakers who haul them in. Also the infamous WHITE SEA BASS. size limit is 28 inches.....most yakers pull them up between 30 and 40 inches, it is rare to see a boat pull one up, except for maybe around Catalina Island

Genelie , the Mad Scientist over on Bloody decks has been killing 30 and 40 pounders both on the WSB and the Yellow Tail off LaJolla Shores area out of a Yak.

The man is incredable for the size of fish he gets.

He posts his pics on the So Cal inshore section of the board.

I hate him! Lolololol

Back