Tire Wear

gsdiener

Registered Member
City
Landenburg
I just returned from a 700 mile round trip from Lake Ontario and noticed that my right rear (brake axle) tire has significantly more wear than the other 3. Same pressure and even across tire. Any Ideas?

Gregg

I would check,
  • The loading on the trailer... Make sure your weight is balanced and that you have the correct amount of tongue weight by using a bathroom scale
  • The alignment of the axle... Take measurements from the rear of the trailer to the rear of the spring shackles and do the same on the other side and then compare. If needed, jack up, loose the axles and slide them forward or aft as needed.
  • Tire balance is also a factor in wear, but usually does not show up a even wear across the board.
  • Different tire / Rubber compound? Check the markings on all the tires and see if they are the same?

Last edited:
I will run check list. This is a new trailer last year should be right. But who knows....Thanks

As a follow up, I messured trailer and found it to be square. After another trip to the lake no more significant sighs of problem. I took if back to Hoooked on The Bay and they believe it to be a bad tire. They are talking to EZ loader about a new tire. They also suggested balancing the tire as I drive a distance. Thank all for insight. The ablity to have all the knowledge out there makes membership a great deal.

Gregg

Back