Trim sender wiring

bob_bra

Registered Member
City
Homosassa
Dick, I have a 2004 Triumph 17CC with a 2004 Yamaha 60HP two stroke motor. The outboard came with electric trim and has a black lever that appears to the sender.

I recently bought a Teleflex Morse trim gage and I am having trouble finding the proper conncection for the sender wire. ( My owners manual does not have this info.)

I am OK with the ground and light wiring. Please help me out with the proper color coding of the wiring under the console.

Thank for any help you can provide such as a picture of an existing instalation or a wiring diagram. I have monitored this board for many months and I am impressed with the sharing of usefull technical information and the helpful hints!!

Bob

Bob, To use an aftermarket gauge, you need to run a switched hot wire to the gauge, then back to the motor. On the port side under the hood there is a blocked plug with a pink and black wire that goes to the sending unit. You can use a Scotch lock fastener to attach to the pink wire. I'm not familar with your gauge but to get the thing to light you probably need to ground the gauge.

Dick

Sender wiring

Wow!! Thanks for your quick reply! I found the wires and traced them to a wiring harness that goes forward.

There is a free wire under the gages that is the correct color, so I will test that lead to see if it goes back to the sender. If not I will run my own wire from the sender to the gage.

Thanks for your help! Bob

Back