Dave LeGear

Contributing Member
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
What's left of Pine Island
State
Florida
Looks to be a great way to help secure your Trolling Motor to the deck, and help keep it from getting beat to death while going through the chop :)

1613936700739.png
Now I have used rod saver straps in the past to help hold one to a cleat, but that did not prevent all of the flex.
PDR_0004b.JPG

Made of Stainless Steel, this product should hold up well even for the Marine Environment and simple flick of the foot to release your T motor.

Good Video on how it works and prevents

You can find out more about them on this direct link:

https://thmarinesupplies.com/collections/trolling-motor-accessories/products/troll-tamer-trolling-motor-stabilizer-lock

And do let them know the guys from Performance Outdoors.Net sent you if you reach out to them!

All My Best,
Dave

I installed one of these last year for my X-5 MotorGuide trolling motor, on my Triumph 170. TH Marine sent me a longer rod no charge, to fit my boat. After a few modifications it works fantastic. Plus its very easy to release-just use your foot. The modification I had to make, was to the trolling motor. There's a eyelet that guides my G Force cable, and it would rub on the Trol Tamer. I had to change the eyelet block to the side so that the cable clears everything. I believe that my installation with the Motor Guide X-5 is not typical. There should'nt be any problems with other models or Minn Cota. I have the TrolTamer, the GForce cable, the prop nut and the 2 lift assist shocks---all work great.

Maybe in the spring. Right now, up here in Wisconsin, my boat is covered and in storage

Back