tru hull transducers

rabbitfork

Registered Member
City
hailey
Has anyone had good results with tru hull transducers? I just built new instrument panel with lorance and would like to use tru hull rabbitfork

Hello rabbitfork.

I used the "Search" feature at the top and found a number of postings under "thru hull transducer". The best one is probably the one I copied below, but you might want to look at others. This is one web site where the "Search" feature really does work.

http://www.performanceoutdoors.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3138&highlight=thru+hull+transducer

Good luck with whatever you end up with. We went with the most sensitive transom mount we could find.

Just as the other threads have said, thru hull transducers do not work on the Triumph. Most folks mount a 'ducer on the transom...that's where mine is and it works perfectly. Good luck with your install.

Just as the other threads have said, thru hull transducers do not work on the Triumph. Most folks mount a 'ducer on the transom...that's where mine is and it works perfectly. Good luck with your install.

Just a slight correction here. They will work just fine if installed where triumph puts the others thru hull penetrations. The deal is that they will no longer honor your warranty if you penetrate the boat where it has been designed to be penetrated. :rolleyes: Either way good luck and let us know what you decide.

Just a slight correction here. They will work just fine if installed where triumph puts the others thru hull penetrations. The deal is that they will no longer honor your warranty if you penetrate the boat where it has been designed to be penetrated. :rolleyes: Either way good luck and let us know what you decide.

Run that by me again? I am still confused on your warranty statement ;)

Thanks!
Dave

Would appreciate any feedback about where to find information related to the location for a thru-hull installation for a Triumph 210. I thought it was the Roplene that prevented thru-hull. Am I missing something here? It would be great to transducer information from the bow instead of from the stern. My boat is used but even if it was new I think I would still go with a thru-hull.

Due to the hull design of the triumph it is not idea to make thru hull penetrations. I had a long conversation with some dude at that the factory over this issue and yet it was never fully explained very well. In the 215cc There is a solid section of roplene where triumph makes thru hull penetrations such as the drain. I believe this solid section exists on both sides of the hull, but I have not looked under there in a few months due a very busy schedule. There should not be any problem making a thru hull penetration exactly as triumph did, but I am not an expert. I did have an expert look at it though, and he said no problem. the expert is a certified marine electrician. My only frustration is that I have never received any real explanation other than you just can't. It's like telling you child because I said so that's why. Lame!

rabbit and bear
you cannot use epoxy and bed a transducer to the hull bottom in the bilge as they do in fiberglass boats because ropolene does not allow the sonar waves to transmit thru it as glass resin does. you would have to drill a hole all the way thru the boat and mount it like your live well pump or livewell drain. however, as tyler stated there is an issue with triumph having this hole drilled and i think that is what we are confused over.

i can run wide open with my 210 and never lose the bottom reading with my raymarine digital depth finder with a transon mounted transducer. it is a drawback in ropolene technology i can certainly live with .

I Guess this would come down as a negative for the Roplene Hull. It's definitely not smart to make a physical penetration of any hull below the water line especially if the object of the penetration is going to protrude into the water stream and could potentially be knocked off by anything in the water that you might go over. I have to assume that Triumph would have figured an answer for a Thru-Hull (Signal passes through the Roplene) if it was possible.

There are Triumph's that have successfully had thru-hull transducers installed but I would want to know how and how does it affect the hull warranty. I've got a message in to Triumph to try to get an official word on this. Stay tuned. :)

I will stay tuned for the answer NC angler. I would love have some real info.

Back