Volvo QL Trim Tabs

Tygh, did you look at the instructions to install them? Holy smoke!! :eek: My head started to hurt.
I'd like something more simple. I don't have trim tabs, but I could use one on the starboard side to off set my dive buddy's 250+ pounds.

I recentily installed a pair of Volvo QL Trim System, on my 2006 215cc makes a big difference on my boat. Its very responsive and was easy to install. The best thing about them is the low profile of the trims it doesnt get in the way when your fishing or swimming and they fit snug under the swim ladder, I didnt have to make any modifications to the swim ladder. I found that the bow of my boat would stick way out of the water when I had people sitting at the back of the boat the trims corrected that problem. The trims give me much more control of the boat and more confidence on the water. http://www.great-water.com/pages/pro...L_Trim_Sys.htm

They only extend about 1 inch. I havent needed to extend them fully to correct any listing or planning as of yet, by accident I once extended one side fully and the boat drastically listed on its side. Its amazing how little amount of trimming the boat needs to react. Another nice feature of these trim tabs is on the control pannel you can see how much you trimmed also worth noting is that as soon as you turn off the ignition the trims automatically retract. They were a great investment especially for a 215cc because of its V-shaped hull, the boat can easily list to one side when you have a cross wind.

They were also chosen by Motor Boating Magazine as one of the top ten boating breakthrough innovations http://www.motorboating.com/motorboat/features/article/0,12696,1152664,00.html

Attachments

• Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 64
Volvo is making some great products. These tabs are excellent and perform as advertised.
Having used them on both Sea Ray and Doral cabin cruiser boats they should prove worthy for fishing type boats that carry or need balancing of heavy loads via tabs.
Volvo's work in the lower drive market is also impressive utilizing composites and challenging designs that work. They're definately a name in the marine industry you can trust.

Hi there. Nice tidy install that avoids some of the issues i've see with the step in the transom.
When you mounted these, how did drilling the large holes go? Did they come out in the cavity area below the splash well? Was there any tricks to the installation?
Thanks Scott

Back