"What-Ever" fishing Team is Back

C

CaptWhatever

Hello Everyone,
I know we have not been active on this site as we were on the one that was going when we bought our 210cc in Sept. of '02. Hopefully we will get back in to it. For those of you who remember us we are still fishing king mackarel tournaments. Today we signed up to fish the FLW Outdoors Kingfish Series Tournaments this year. J.R. (Capt. Whatever) and myself are really excited about this. I decide this year that we would do something a little different. I, (Mrs. Whatever) is going to be the captain in the tournaments. Maybe that will change our luck. Also for those of you that remember Todd Johnson who used to work at Triumph is going to be fishing the tournaments with us. I told him he could be Gilligan.

If we could just catch a king as big as that 82.30 lb Cobia I caught year before last we would difinitely do the Triumph boats proud. We managed to qualify in the SKA Nationals for the 4th year in a row but still have not gotten to go. We finished 17th in Division 9, 23 ft and under class, J.R. finished 19th in the Seniors over all size boats and I finished 11th in the Ladies over all size boats. Not as good as we have done in the past but we will keep trying. CaptWhatever said that when we win a tournament he is going to shave his head. That will be a sight especially since his hair is longer that mine and mine is down past my shoulders. I will get the priviledge of doing it too.

I jsut wanted to say hi to everyone and we hope to get to be more active in the future.

"What-Ever" Fishing Team
Cheryl & J.R. Davis

Well welcome back,
I remember you guys and I hope you continue to do better than me at kingfishing. Heck everyone does better than me, and I think Todd would make a great Gilligan.

Welcome back Cheryl and JR. I hope 2006 is a good King season for you. We'd welcome any King Mackerel fishing tips. In fact if you're ever up to writing an article on your King Mackerel fishing experience we'd love to publish it in our articles section. :)

Randy

Cheryl I hope you, JR & Gilligan have a great year and qualify to come to my neck of the woods. Around the time of the year FLW has the Nationals the Hotspot is on the West Delta off of Chandalier Island. There is a set of rigs there that are connected together that produce very large Kings. At the 2003 SKA nationals over 20 50+# kings came off of this rig. In 2004 there was numerous big fish came off it. The rig number is CA25 and the location is N 29 46.126 W 88 42.529. It is about 67 NM WSW of the Pass at Orange Beach. This rig is also called the west delta rig by alot of king fishermen. Here is a link to the 2004 SKA NAtional news and you will see the name pop up on there some. 2004 SKA Nats ;)

Back