Yamaha F75

Davey Jones

Registered Member
City
New Bern
:( Today I was traveling down The Neuse river in my new Triumph Skiff outfitted with a Yamaha F75 engine and notice that the flush hose attachment was not terminated and water was being pump out. I stop and attached the hose to it's port. The engine ran & sounded great back to the dock. I checked the oil and it look clean and thier was no smell. I just need some assurance that I did not harm the engine or is there anything I should do at this junture?

Thanks, Davey Jones

Probably not,I have done it both on my F115 and F250 with no harm. How far did you travel , wot etc. Tell your mech. when you take it in for service

Davey,
I'm sure you did not hurt your Yamaha motor. You would have heard a very loud alarm go off if your motor started overheating. there is nothing you should do other than make sure you have a good steady stream coming out of the "P" hole when you run it. If you have not read your owners manual yet, I would recommend doing so.It was very informative when I bought my first 4 stroke Yamaha. Enjoy your skiff and let us all know what you think of it. Numbers such as speed at WOT and handling when you get a chance. It is a new model and a lot of us are interested in hearing about it.
John D.

Thanks for the quick reply and Im almost positve I will not forget to check this connection in the future.

Back