Yamaha Maintenance

CRIMAR30

Participating Member
City
Hamlet
Does anyone know the frequency for maintenance on Yamaha's? Is it based on hours, time, or ?
My boat is now about a year old, and I took it in for the 20 hour service in August of last year, It probably only has about 23 hours on it now, but it's been about 8 months since then, so when should it be brought in again?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark, in that I am NOT a mechanic, I can only say what we do.

We see our mechanic every 50 hours or 12 months, which ever comes first. Just really want to keep our 150 four stroke going strong as long as possible.

My Yamaha 150 4-stroke manual has the maintenance schedule listed on pages 47-48. Fortunately Yamaha has their manuals online. :) Check them out here:
Outboard Owners Manuals

I was told the only REQUIRED maintenance is the 10 hour service to maintain the warranty. This must be done by a certified dealer. You can do the rest if capable.

I usually handle the oil changes and do it at the end of every season no matter what the hours as part of my winterization. I have not changed my lower gear oil yet, but plan to do that every year also (this was my 1st year with this boat). I follow the manufacturer's maint. specs. and hope she lasts well past the warranty period.

Back