2007 Triumph Boats Fishing Tournament & Get Together

Will you join us in Southport July 27-29?

• Yes I'll be there!

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Tentatively Yes

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • I cannot be there

Votes: 24 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NCangler

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
City
Raleigh
State
NC
Several folks have been asking me about the dates of our annual get together and fishing tournament. I'm pleased to announce that a joint effort of many dealers in North and South Carolina and with Triumph Boats in culminating in what will prove to be a great event. I'm not sure what the event will be called yet or how it will be structured, but those details will be coming in the next few weeks.

The important thing is that it looks like this years event will be held the last weekend of July (July 27-28) out of Southport, NC. So put that weekend on your calendar and make plans to be in Southport, NC for a gathering of Triumph Boat owners, dealers and factory folk.

I'll post more details as I have them. I will be assisting with promoting this years event but not organizing it. I'll be focused on fishing and fellowshipping with other owners. I'm looking forward to seeing you in Southport!

I've attached a poll to get a feel for how many of you can make plans to be in Southport, NC July 27-28. You don't have to fish but hope you can attend. :)

Hope to be a real member by then, but just in case can a want-a-be member
and family join in somehow, (might convince family to wear WE LOVE TRIUMPH BOATS buttons.)

Anyone will be welcome and I'm sure Triumph will have the 2008 line-up on hand by then including the new 235 Center Console. They'll probably be setup to take folks on trial runs too, so it could be a nice event for the family that is looking to buy a Triumph and a chance to meet current owners and ask them questions too. Hope to see you there! ;)

This Looks Like A Good Thread To Let Everyone Know That I Will Be Going Under The Knife To Get A Knee Replacement Tommorrow Feb 7 And Hope To Be Back Home By Sunday And I Will Surely Be More Involved On This Here Board While Homebound.

This Get Together Will Be A Good Motivator To Get My Sea Legs Back Under Me;)

We'll be thinking about you tomorrow GGC! Rest up.

This is great, I will be there. I live in the Southport area (Oak Island) and wouldn,t miss it for nothing. There is a lot of Triumph owners in this area so I would think that the turn out would be good. The fishing is good around here that time of the year also. Randy thanks for the info and keep us informed of the detalls as the come out and let me know if I can do anything to help. GGS good luck with your operation, hope everything goes well.:)

As always I will make the trip. This will be my fourth if you count the trip to dauphin Island for the gathering from the old owners page. To bad the dates were not known in jan. I could have gaurenteed my vacation time.

Sorry Dick. I've been asking since last fall but just got this information today. I look forward to seeing you again. :)
As always I will make the trip. This will be my fourth if you count the trip to dauphin Island for the gathering from the old owners page. To bad the dates were not known in jan. I could have gaurenteed my vacation time.

What's the weather going to be like?? Is there any good places to go diving?
I guess I could try out my new fishin' gear.
I had loads of fun last year even though it was too rough for diving.

Astrodiver,
July is usually a good month for fishing and diving here in the Southport area. The weather is normally stable and the water is clear at that time. Go to ncfisheries.net and click on the artificial reef guide, then click on reefs south of Cape Fear. Click on each reef number and you'll get a list of what was placed on each area and where it is. If you want me to,I'll get the phone numbers of a couple of dive charters in the area. They would probably give you better info on any dive sites.
John D.

I am glad to hear that it is going to be in our area this year. There is only one problem and that is we may have one of our regular King Mackarel tournaments that weekend. Can we count our fish from that tournament in this one if we have the weigh slip from it? We would be fishing on Sat. in it. We are looking forward to finally getting to meet some of you. You will find that the fishing is pretty good there.
"What-Ever" Fishing Team

I am glad to hear that it is going to be in our area this year. There is only one problem and that is we may have one of our regular King Mackarel tournaments that weekend.

Hay JR, what KMT is going in the South Port and Oak Island area at that time?
There are so many KMT I can't keep up with all of them. Bob.

How about another date, is that possible. That weekend I do a tournament every year.
Tom

I found out that the Wilmington KMT may be that weekend and King of the Cape may move to a different one. We will fish the King of the Cape whenever it is but will not fish the Wilmington if it stands as it is now. If this stays on this weekend we are planning on fishing TBO. I hope we can finally get to meet some of you. Since we will probably be fishing the FLW the weekend before maybe we will know where some fish are. By the way J.R. does not type these messages so when you see one it will be from the Mrs since I am listed as captain in the tournaments. I might let him be in the TBO. That is if he's good.:)

2007 Triumph Owners Tournament July 27-28 Southport, NC

I have confirmed that the 2007 Triumph Owners Tournament will be July 27-28, 2007 in Southport, NC. You can prefish on the 26th too if you like! I will have some more specific information to share on this in a few days, but if there is anyway that you can be here this year, please make plans to do it. Triumph Boats and Triumph Dealers of North and South Carolina are joining together to sponsor this event and they are really doing it right. The emphasis will be on having fun and getting to know one another with some fishing time too.

There will be an Owner's social event on Friday night from 5-7PM, a Captains meeting at 7PM, fishing on Saturday from 7AM to 4PM then an awards and catered dinner at 6PM on Saturday. There are two divisions: Flounder and King Mackerel so any size Triumph Boat can participate. There are going to be lots of prizes and we'll be supporting a great charity. In talking to the dealers currently signed on to the event they believe we may have as many as 60-100 boats signed up! Triumph will also have the new 235 Center Console along with the new 215, 195, 190, etc. The organizers have secured a marina for the weigh-in along with a community center just down the road for the meetings and meals. The community center also has a field where we can park our trailers too. We'll have hotel information soon so stay tuned.

Here is a list of the Triumph Dealers of the Carolinas that have signed on to date to sponsor this event. More may be added.

The Dealers and factory folks will be in the event but will be fishing against each other for fun and bragging rights. Triumph Owners will be fishing for prize money, etc.

We were unable to secure a discount on lodging because it is a popular beach area at that time of year but here are some possible accomodations:
  • Hampton Inn, Southport,NC (910) 454-0016
  • Comfort Suites, Southport,NC (910)454-7444
  • If interested in renting a beach house, folks may inquire with Oak Island Accomodations,Oak Island,NC (910) 278-6011.
Again, more specific details and an online registration form will be posted in a few days but I wanted to communicate to you all that if you can make it to Southport, NC July 27-28, 2007 please come! It is going to be a blast. ;)

Thanks Randy. This sounds great. Should be a lot of fun.
Cheryl, may-be you can cut JR's ponytail after this one. Of course only if you let him fish.

J.R. says this tournament does not qualify. I have a new pair of clippers just waiting for the occassion. Maybe we already have won a tournament and we can wait until then to shave his head;) ;) Since we will probably have 4 tournaments before this one. I might even let him drive the boat.

!!GREAT!! I'll be their ! Southport is my home Port . Will it be at the Southport Village Marina ?

The Friday night social, Captains Meeting, and Saturday afternoon weigh-in, 6PM awards and cookout will all take place at the Moose Lodge, which is located at 4239 Long Beach Rd, Southport, just about a mile from the Wildlife Ramp for launching your boat and parking your vehicle. There is apparently plenty of parking at the Moose Lodge for trucks and boat trailers. More details to come as I know them. :)
!!GREAT!! I'll be their ! Southport is my home Port . Will it be at the Southport Village Marina ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back