2007 Triumph Boats Fishing Tournament & Get Together

Will you join us in Southport July 27-29?

• Yes I'll be there!

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Tentatively Yes

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • I cannot be there

Votes: 24 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ron. Yes you will need a fishing license. You can find out about in state and out of state temporary licenses and even order them online at this address: http://www.ncwildlife.org/fs_index_01_license.htm

Randy, Is it true that a salt water fishing License is now required in North carolina? Do you know of a link we can go to for obtaining that license. Thanks
Ron

NEW information on the Triumph Boat Owners Tournament

The Friday and Saturday evening events will be held at the Moose Lodge located at 4239 Long Beach Rd, Southport, just about a mile from the Wildlife Ramp. The weigh-in on Saturday afternoon will also take place at the Moose Lodge. Fishing stops at 4PM, get to the ramp, load your boat, then drive straight to the Moose Lodge to weigh-in. There is plenty of parking at the Moose Lodge for boat and trailers.

The Friday night social will include hot dogs and hamburgers and the Saturday night awards dinner at 6PM will be a catered BBQ dinner. :)

No events will be taking place at the Community Center or the Harbor Marina. This is a change from original planning. All of the events will take place at the Moose Lodge! :)

Randy, Colgger, everybody.

I am very disapointed to say that it is looking like I may not be able to make it this yr. (would have been my 4th). The rise in fuel costs have driven my towing estimates to about $700 round trip. To top that off the crew that I have had to help split costs with me cant make it this yr, any of them. I am giving myself to the end of the month to find someone, but it is not looking good and I an not sure I can justify the total cost to do it alone even if I can get the last $600 I think I will need for towing lodging fishing costs and food. On a positive note though, since I do have a fair amount already ear marked for fishing, if I dont go this year I can buy the minn kota RT80EM I have been looking at so I can striper fish here more efectively.
As much as I will miss NC this yr (a whole lot) I guess everthing has a silver lining. :)

Dick,

I don't blame you for not towing that far. That is a lot of money! But maybe you can still come by your self (train, plane?) and we'll get you on a boat here. ;)

Well guys

I have made a decision. I dont have enough money to make the trip on my own, could not justify solo anyway. So tomorrow I am ordering the minn kota
rt 80 em trolling motor for my boat. I have just enogh saved to get it and two deep cycle batts. this should substantially increase the fishability of my boat around here for Walleyes and those wonderfull Striped bass. I will be back next yr if I have to walk. :)

I would like to be there but it is our 40th wedding anniversary and I promised my wife we would go to a nice resort that week. I do not think fishing at Southport would do !

I just mailed in my registration for the Triumph Owners Tournament. This is going to be the best one yet folks so please don't miss out. Triumph Boats and the Triumph Dealers of the Carolinas are supporting this heavily to make it a great time for Triumph Boat Owners and folks interested in a Triumph. Hopefully we'll have good weather out of Southport that weekend and the King Mackerel and Flounder bite will be hot. Don't delay send your registration in soon! :DD

Randy,
I received a registration form from Grubbs Marine. Is that the one you sent in? Thanks,
John D.

Nope. I'm located in Raleigh. The form should have the Captains name on it if they printed out the online form. Mine went in the mail today. A confirmation email is sent to Triumph, Blackbarry Marine and myself on each online registration. If someone fills out a paper registration from a dealer only Blackbarry Marine will know about that registration when they receive it.
Randy,
I received a registration form from Grubbs Marine. Is that the one you sent in? Thanks,
John D.

Randy, I just took my registration and entry fees to Blackbarry Marine last Friday. I know that Donna and Barry are working hard to make this event a success. Sometime we forget how muck work it takes to pull something like this off. So heres a great big THANK YOU to all involved with making this Triumph Owners Tournament happen. So get your boat ready, come on down and lets have a good time. See ya at the Tournament. Bob

I'm waiting for my brother-in-law to answer if he wants to come with me to Southport in July. We are having a family get together this weekend at Lake Toxaway, NC. Hoping to get someone to commit to the event. Otherwise, I'll be coming by myself.
I didn't want to deal with the scuba diving this year because the logistics weren't right.
Looking forward to the event. If I don't fish, I'll take photos.

Fishing Info

I am coming down from Maryland for the owners tourn. Can someone give me a good site for a fishing report for the soutport area. Can't wait till the end of July.

NCangler.com
NCwaterman.com

I am coming down from Maryland for the owners tourn. Can someone give me a good site for a fishing report for the soutport area. Can't wait till the end of July.

My B.I.L. has a golf tournament and can't make it. So, I guess I'll be coming with Fred and my newest ferret Stumpy.
I think I'll be getting a room at the Captain's Cove Motel. They are pet friendly and have space for my boat/trailer. If I come alone the room will be $70 a night, single bed. If I bring someone, $80 a night, two double beds. A one time $25 fee for the caged ferrets.
The Captain's Cove Motel is located on Oak Island.
http://yp.bellsouth.com/sites/captainscove/

I'm thinking that I will be heading up on Wednesday, July 25th to arrive on Thursday morning to the motel. This will give me an extra day to get to know the area, put in some boating time on the water and do some Geocaching.
I haven't signed up for the tournament yet as I have no clue about the fishing part. I'm not sure if my gear will work for that type of fishing.
With the West Marine gift certificate I won at last years event, I bought a Shimano Curado 200DHSV with 7.0:1 gear ratio. I put this on a Cabela's Tourney Trail IM7 rod.
I also have an old Shimano FX300 on a Shimano rod it came with.
Will any of these work for flounder?

I'm hoping someone else will be traveling with me to the event besides the "kids".

I'm gonna have a lot of questions about the Triumph 235.
See ya there!

I'm not familiar with that rod/reel combo but I'll have some gear for flounder that you are welcome to use if you need it. We'll be focused on King Mackerel! :)

Thanks for the offer Randy. I checked with the fishing guy at work and he said what I have will do just fine. I just need a steel leader on my line.
I found some articles online about flounder fishing so I have some kind of idea of where to fish for them.
If anyone doesn't have a boat to fish on, they can ride with me?

I have made motel reservations at the Captain's Cove Motel for Thursday through Sunday.

I've had a change of plans because I've got trailer issues and won't be bringing my boat. I'm still coming to the event and will be staying at the Woodside RV Park.
I'm looking forward to the event and looking at the new Triumph 235.
I'll be there sometime on Thursday. There Geocaches to be had in the area.
See ya soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back