counter rotation question

hb todd

Registered Member
City
Huntington Beach
Hi all, I am new. I am just about to finalize a boat purchase and I have a question before doing so. The boat is a 21" cc Triumph with a Left Hand rotation 150 Yami. This is obviously an engine that is meant to paired with another right hand on the stern. Every boat I have owned has always had a right hand rotation. Is buying a left hand rotation engine ok? I don't see how it would matter but I just want to make sure. This engine has 72 hours on it, as stated on the digital guage. Is there a way for someone to run the boat without the hour meter on?? The warranty has expired, is this something else I should be worried about? Please let me know your thoughts on buying this really neat boat. Many thanks from Huntington Beach California!

There's not much difference except for the rotation. All parts are pretty much the same. As for the hours on the engine, if it's a four stroke, you can have a dealer put a laptop with the Yamaha Diagnostic Software on the engine and give you a printout of total hours, ECM codes if any and the hours run in 1000 rpm increments and over revs if any. What year is the engine? They came with 3 yr warranty. Good luck with your purchase.

Mud Runner, thank you very much for this information. I am buying this boat from Grubbs Marine in Nc and I will ask them to put the engine on a computer. The engine is a 2004 150 four stroke yami and the warranty has already expired. The dealer did state that they did replace an injector that went bad but that was it. I am looking forward to getting the boat and get back to Catalina Island to chase the WSB. Happy Holidays to all members!

Mud Runner, thanks again. I now have something to compare when I test the boat. You have been extremly helpful. Many Thanks!

Back