Do we need a chartplotter/sounder on our new 215cc?

Tried to get it on my Samsung Droid and no dice.

Didn't know samsung made droid:).

Anyhoo, for android users, simply search for navionics in the market. They are all the for 10 euros each.

What model sammy you have bar? I'll be glad to help get set up

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Don't need wifi enbaled. It uses the gps chip, but depending on the sw and baseband version the gps may be a bit flaky.

anyhoo...forgot where I was going

Don't need wifi enbaled. It uses the gps chip, but depending on the sw and baseband version the gps may be a bit flaky.

anyhoo...forgot where I was going

For the Samsung Phone for Barrnone on it does, read on... ;)

Q. I don't have micro SD, but have a lot of memory in phone. Why doesn't the app download?
A. The Navionics apps are made of two parts: apps and charts. The app downloads from the Android market to your phone's memory. The charts download from the Navionics server to your micro SD at the first access to the app. You can not download the charts to your phone's memory. A micro SD card is mandatory.

Q. I don't seem to be able to launch the app even though it downloaded correctly. What is wrong?
A. When you download the app, it is saved in the memory of your phone. The first time you access the app, you must be connected to Wi-Fi in order to download the maps to your Android phone's micro-SD. This operation will take some time.

So yes it does for both WiFi and a SD Chip for at least the first two steps, then afterwords it should work fine :)

The wifi only is "necessary" to make the download process a bit less time consuming, but isn't actually required for installing or using the product.

I've found the Navionics site to be less than correct on a number of things concerning using their product on Android-powered smartphones and tablets. Oh well, at least the product itself works well. :D

btw, I run it on a samsung galaxy s running eclair.

Back