k9reno

Recognized Leader and K9 Guru
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
Punta Gorda
State
Florida
I actually got to go fishing for the second time in two weeks and believe it or not the second time since I moved to FL. Today was a great day on the water. We caught a variety of fish. Nothing special as we were just looking to get on the water and fish. We were surprised when we were in the shallow water on the east side of Charlotte Harbor south of Punta Gorda and thinking we were hooked up with a good sized catfish but pulled up these. sharks10719.jpeg However the best catch of the day came at the end when we were just across the Peace river from our launch site and I hooked onto something and pulled up this.best catbh 10719.jpg It was the Rod and Reel that went overboard with a large stingray two weeks ago in about the same spot. It cleaned up surprisingly well. I think I should go out and get some lottery tickets. :D

We had been keeping that floor box flooded. We decided not to keep them and they swam away a little while later.

Yea, I don't think you could dust them dudes down with enough "Old Bay" to make them taste all that great LOL

Not to say that Shark steaks are bad (mostly Black Tip) but you have to clean them as soon as they come out of the water, or they just pee through their skin as they slowly croak. At that point, boiling an old tire would "probably" taste better o_O

An old fisherman friend of mine told me how to cook those. He said make sure you bring home a little bit of mud and vegetation from where you caught them.

Take the mud and the little bit of vegetation and your favorite spices and seasonings, mix it together and make a bed on a flat cookie sheet. Lay the fish on top, slather it in the types of spices you like, cover it with aluminum foil and bake it at 350° for 45 minutes. When it comes out of the oven, throw away the fish and eat the mud.

Back