SCUBA Tank holders

ReelDive

Participating Member
City
Chipley
Has anyone out there installed tank holders in the 190 bay yet?
I've been looking at Roll Control. They look like what I want as you can change the configuration. ie Tank holder, rod holder drink holder etc.
The problem is the way the gunnells are molded on the inside. ie the step. I wanted to put them where the rod holders are.

Saw some tank holders on a boat in the latest Florida Sportsman or Saltwater mag. They looked easy to make and seem to be about an inch thick starboard plank with a cut out for the tank and a hinge on the end of the board. It would be attached via hinge to the gunnals and when not used just falls down flat against the inside of the boat. When in use, just flip them up, slide the tank down into the cutout and that's all. Sure you could possibly find a couple ss hinges with a removable pin and remove the whole thing when not in use althought they may not be in the way.
My uncle made his own out of wood and carpeting by cutting half moons out of the sides and laying the tanks down flat into the cut outs. Basically a square pallet. That was the 1960's way, haha, course you can't do that now, too crude!
Good luck

Installed Roll Control's tank and rod holder system yesterday. Used Garelick's Toggler stainless stell togle boat anchors and lots of Elastomeric. will post photos in the gallery

You can check out Roll Control at www.ECPDB.com and Garelick is www.garelick.com

Tank holders

Thanks for posting! I've got a 2001 Logic 186 that I use for cruising and scuba diving. I can also pitch a tent on the bow for camping.
Please post some photos of your set up for the tanks. We are tired of tripping over our dive gear on the deck.....plus it's just dangerous.

Don't know why but was not able to reply the first time. Sorry.
I posted a pic in My Album in Photos. I also mounted a swim platform on the port side transom. I'll try and remember to take more pics when we go dive later this week. This is pretty much a two diver setup. I use the foward port hold for masks fins, wetsuits etc. I mount the BC's on the tanks and stow the camera gear in the consol while underway. the foward starboad hold is the rope and ancor locker. We've tried to dive three at once but it gets pretty crowded with every on gearing up at once. Its best two leave one person on board to bubble watch anyway and then rotate divers.

Trident Tank Racks

Trident makes a set of racks that can be mounted in anything/anywhere. They are pretty slick. They hold the tank upright and it kinda "snaps" in place between two black fingers that come out. When not in use the fingers fold down and are completely out of the way. I have seen them used on pick-up trucks (mounted right to the side of the bed) and on several boats. When mounting them in a smaller space (the usually accommadate four tanks) you can trim the bracket down to the needed size and just remove one of the tank holders. I had a friend do this on his whaler and it worked out really well. I plan on adding two sets on my triumph when I finally get it purchased next week. One option would be to mount them directly in front of the center console. Depending on if you have a t-top or not you may need to do a little fabrication work. But they are super easy to install yourself and keep the tanks where they need to be (even in rough water).

goto tridentdive.com for more info on them. You should be able to order them from your local dive shop as well.

See you under the water,
Mike

Island_Diver said:
Trident makes a set of racks that can be mounted in anything/anywhere. They are pretty slick. They hold the tank upright and it kinda "snaps" in place between two black fingers that come out. When not in use the fingers fold down and are completely out of the way. I have seen them used on pick-up trucks (mounted right to the side of the bed) and on several boats. When mounting them in a smaller space (the usually accommadate four tanks) you can trim the bracket down to the needed size and just remove one of the tank holders. I had a friend do this on his whaler and it worked out really well. I plan on adding two sets on my triumph when I finally get it purchased next week. One option would be to mount them directly in front of the center console. Depending on if you have a t-top or not you may need to do a little fabrication work. But they are super easy to install yourself and keep the tanks where they need to be (even in rough water).

goto tridentdive.com for more info on them. You should be able to order them from your local dive shop as well.

See you under the water,
Mike
Yes those work well, I used them in my old Mark twain Tri- hull But with all the storage of my 210, I decided not to install them.

OK, I've got one set of scuba tank holders mounted on the port side of my Logic 186.
It took a while to clear the foam away from the inside of the wall so the Togglers would lay flat against the inside wall of the side. Make sense?

I uploaded some photos of the project in the member's photo area. Enjoy!

Tygh, those are nice, and look similar to what I have, which are collecting dust for now. I love the option for the spear gun set up. That I would love to have, I could use that fro mt gaffs as well.

I got the speargun option too. We hunt all year long, so they are always on the boat.

Astro, you do nice work on that 186.

Thanks for posting pictures. Those "Togglers" are work to install, but the final job is a lot safer for the equipment and you. Looks like you had fun cutting that PVC pipe for spacing material, but it works.

Thanks again for posting.

Back