Offshoreman

Recognized Leader Triumph 235 Forum
Lifetime Member
Premium Member
City
North Coast
State
CA
Mrs. Offshoreman and I recently visited Lake of the Woods, Oregon and spent a few days there in the RV. It's an absolutely beautiful campground on the lake on highway 140 half way between Medford, Oregon, and Klamath Falls, Oregon, up around 5000 feet.

They stock the lake several times starting in April and the last planting is (I think) around August.

I was standing at the end of a boat dock watching literally hundreds of Kokanee Trout swimming around in 8 feet of crystal clear water.

Two boats of old retired guys came in. I asked them "How'd you do?" They all grumbled that they fish there all the time but this day, no fish. They each pulled out and left.

I went back to the RV, got a pole and tackle box and after several different techniques, I finally started catching. And it was great. Caught a handful of Kokanee and a dozen or so Small Mouth Bass. What a kick.

The two things that finally started to work: A single hook with one salmon egg and a small (1.5 inch) night crawler. Bam! I had two cartons (15 each). They took ALL my worms. I should have been better prepared with more worms. The other thing that worked was a buck tail silver Cast Master (as seen in the photo).

The Kokanee were just about spawned out and not really interested in anything.

Ever feel like you can't catch a single thing? I have. Then there are days where you out-fish even the old guys. Ha.

Attachments

• image000002 (9).jpg
    image000002 (9).jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 6
  • image000003 (8).jpg
    image000003 (8).jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 6
  • image000004 (6).jpg
    image000004 (6).jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back